Friday, September 10, 2010

Gucci Mane - Ferrari Music (2010)

Review: Gucci Mane - Ferrari Music with DJ Drama (2010, Mixtape)


The moment Gucci released "Deuces (Remix)" as promotion for his final pre-Appeal mixtape (and third in a month), fans still chewing on one-week-old DJ Greg Street collaboration Gucci Classics went into a mouth-watered frenzy. "Deuces (Remix)" is matched by a few other tracks on Ferrari Music, which clocks in at under 40 minutes and carries four - that's right, four - repeats from August's Jewelry Selection. In addition, Gucci provides three interludes, meaning the release is really just eight tracks long. The short length is trivial; besides strange, cautionary closer "Dope Deal," all the new songs satisfy. "Speaking In Tungz" is a one-minute freestyle over a great Cam and Vado beat, "Late" wields a wonderful Drumma Boy production while Gucci shares the mic with fellow trapstar Yo Gotti and "Get Up Off Me" features Gucci's hilariously mumbled refrain of "Bish get up off me, trick get up off me" as DJ Drama hollers "Get off!" in the background. Also on the funny side, with "Better Baby" Gucci manages a convincing love song despite his polarization of introspective lyrics with jokes like "I can't live alone, at the end of the day can't fuck myself / I told her I'm confused, and she told me to go fuck myself." But the mixtape's comedic peak comes in horn-sampling opener "Bite Me," where it's a toss-up between Waka Flocka's pooping noises, Gucci Mane's vomiting noises and the hater-dismissing hook: "Fuck niggas don't like us / Well, we don't give a fuck / They say that mimicry is flattery / So bite me."






Bump this: Bite Me, Late, Deuces (Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment